Monday, July 4, 2011

June 30, 2011-July 1, 2011

This was the best and most liberating decision I have ever made for myself. For the first time I am not living in fear anymore - no one can pick on, batter, harass, or yell at me anymore. No one can terrorize me anymore. And no matter what happens, I’m not going back to slavery.

I am a free human being for the first time in my life - and I am looking forward to a new day - a new dawn, a new life. I am now able to make my own decisions for the first time in my life. I have finally freed myself from a lifetime of captivity and slavery at the hands of emotionally abusive parents who have terrorized me in a deliberate and calculated fashion my entire life.

I am now a survivor. I am no longer a victim. The abuse is now part of my past and not part of my present or part of my future. I can think for myself - I can find my own ways to earn a living - and I can become the person that I am meant to become. My stomach still burns, but I am confident that I have done the right thing - and now I have a new and wonderful life to look forward to. This is one of the hardest but also one of the happiest days in my whole life.
Friday July 1, 2011

going to tell the parents and grandma tomorrow about my decision - by phone and in the safe place to stay - I will ask someone from the org to be there with me for support when I make the call- maybe I am scared of breaking my ties to my abusive family of origin forever - but I know its the right move and I'm not ever going back to slavery and captivity
Thursday June 30-Friday July 1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment